No commercial deal should ever be entered into without an attorney to assist with the transaction.
It is considered the unauthorized practice of law in Michigan for a real estate agent or broker to draft or alter a written contract, but an agent is typically necessary to negotiate your purchase or sale. In every commercial sale, whether you are the purchaser or the seller, you will need a real estate professional and, most likely, an attorney.
Our brokerage collaborates with a dedicated team of real estate and tax attorneys experienced in complex commercial real estate transactions. When you hire Bellus, if you so desire, legal expertise is part of the package. Our attorneys are here to help. No need to hunt for one. We have taken care of that part for you.
Worried that the other side may default on your agreement? We are trained to watch for issues before they develop while making the process as seamless as possible. Our available legal expertise provides protection from the beginning of the transaction to the end.
As part of the real estate transaction, you will need an attorney to do the following:
- Monitor the transaction;
- Review the Purchase Agreement and make amendments, if necessary;
- Review the title commitment and remove exceptions, if necessary;
- Review the survey;
- Assist with due diligence and environmental issues;
- Assist with buy sell agreements, transfer of goodwill (if any), property tax issues etc;
- Give opinions on any easements or other encroachments;
- Assist with stock or membership interest purchases, if any;
- 1031 Exchanges, and more.
What if you or your company already has an attorney? We go out of our way to cooperate with your counsel. Our focus is a successful conclusion to the transaction.