Many commercial deals require an attorney to assist with the transaction.
It is considered the unauthorized practice of law in Michigan for a real estate agent or broker to draft or alter a written contract, but an agent is typically necessary to negotiate your purchase or sale. In every commercial sale, whether you are the purchaser or the seller, you will need a real estate professional and, most likely, an attorney. We work with yours if you already have one.
If you are unrepresented and desire legal help, our brokerage collaborates with a dedicated team of real estate, business, and tax attorneys experienced in complex commercial real estate transactions. When you hire Bellus, legal expertise is available as part of the package. Our [Preferred] attorneys are here to help. No need to hunt for one. We have taken care of that part for you and, as an attorney owned company, we are better equipped to protect you and the deal.
Worried that the other side may default on your agreement? We are trained to watch for issues before they develop while making the process as seamless as possible. Our available legal expertise provides protection from the beginning of the transaction to the end.
As part of the real estate transaction, you may need your attorney to do some or all of the following:
- Monitor the transaction;
- Review the Purchase Agreement and make amendments, if necessary;
- Review the title commitment and remove exceptions, if necessary;
- Review the survey;
- Assist with due diligence and environmental issues;
- Assist with buy sell agreements, transfer of goodwill (if any), property tax issues etc;
- Give opinions on any easements or other encroachments;
- Assist with stock or membership interest purchases, if any;
- 1031 Exchanges, and more.
What if you or your company already has an attorney? We go out of our way to cooperate with your counsel. Our focus is a successful conclusion to the transaction.